Trekking is done in cold, high, and remote areas. So we need different clothing and equipment for trekking. Most of the necessary things for trekking are available in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
Clothing for Trekking.
- Trekking or good walking shoes make your walk easier and more comfortable.
- A tracksuit and a pair of lightweight shoes or sandals to wear in tea houses and camp at night.
- Two pairs of woolen socks and three pairs of cotton socks for trekking or more if you sweat a lot.
- Warm-down jacket and a rainproof jacket with a hood for protection from rain.
- A woolen hat for the cold and a sun hat or a cap for a day walk.
- A pair of windproof warm gloves for the walk.
- Two cotton T-shirts and two pairs of fitted long shorts or skirts.
- Thermals and thick sweaters, as well as wind and waterproof trousers.
- Warm pair of trousers for cold nighttime at tea houses & two windproof t trousers for the walk.
- Thermal set for cold temperatures.
- Waterproof Gore-Tex layer.
- Raincoats and Gaters.
Trekking equipment and clothing are available in Kathmandu and Pokhara for rent and retail.
Equipment List for Climbing.
- Climbing Boots one pair.
- Crampons, a pair.
- Ice Axe one.
- Harness one.
- Carabineer or karabiner, two each.
- Snow Gaiters, a pair.
- Snow/Sunglass one each.
- Warm Gloves, a pair.
- Windproof Jacket and trousers a set each.
- As per the peak chosen, the main ropes are 200m ( 50m per person) as per the peak.
- The Snow Bar is 24 pieces, depending upon group size.
- One each Ascender.
Equipment List for Rafting.
- Items for River.
- River sandals.
- Shorts or a swimming costume.
- A baseball-style cap, good sunglasses, and quality sunscreen.
- Shells and insulators.
- Windproof and waterproof outerwear, jacket & pants (Gortex or nylon).
- Fleece jacket/sweater (wool or synthetic only for the winter season).
- Long sleeve t-shirt/turtlenecks (synthetic).
- Sleeve t-shirts.
- Several pairs of thick socks (wool or synthetic) with thin liners (synthetic).
- Lightweight long underwear, top & bottom (polypropylene or "Capilene").
- wide brim hat (straw-type beach hat or synthetic outdoors) to sunburn.
- Protection on the face, ears, and neck, underwear, etc.