Trekking takes place in chilly, high, and isolated locations. The majority of the gear required for trekking is available in Kathmandu and Pokhara, so we need specific clothing and equipment for trekking.
Clothing for Trekking
- You can walk more efficiently and comfortably if you are wearing good walking or trekking shoes.
- A tracksuit and some sandals or light shoes to wear at night while camping and in tea houses.
- Two sets of wool and cotton hiking socks.
- A warm-down jacket and a hooded rainproof jacket are both recommended.
- A sun hat for sunny days and a woolen hat for cold weather.
- Woolen gloves, a set
- Two cotton T-shirts and two pairs of tailored long shorts or skirts
- Wearing woolen shirts, heavy sweaters, and wind and water-resistant clothing is advised.
- One pair of light or heavy pants and one light-weight long-sleeved shirt are required.
- Winter-appropriate thermal underwear
Tools for Trekking
- To transport trekking equipment, use a duffle bag or backpack.
- Trekking daypack for carrying personal items.
- Cold-weather sleeping bag
- Water purification tablet and water bottle.
- snow and sunglasses, walking poles, and umbrella
- Small torch light and headlight with spare batteries
- Sunblock lotion for skin and lips
- Handkerchiefs or hand wipes
- Money belt and first-aid kit
- Reading materials, notebooks, trekking maps, binoculars, pens, cameras, I-Phone, pocket knives, games like cards, chess, etc.
- Trekking equipment and clothing are available in Kathmandu and Pokhara. Holiday Tours Nepal can recommend shops with reasonable prices. If you do not want to buy it, you can easily rent what you need at reasonable prices.